On April 1, I turned 28. One year closer to the big 3-0. Mama Mia.
Last year, I created a list of 30 things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 30. I had also already completed a few of the goals at the time. Those goals are the ones that are crossed through. The goals that has bold text next to them are ones that I either completed during this past year or ones I have updated. I was excited to see that during the age 27, I was able to get quite a few knocked out!
Due Date: April 1 2016
33. Become a home owner (Done! Got out house in November.)
44. Become a dog owner (Still working on this one. Sadly, it is looking like this one may not happen before 30 due to a certain baby that is in our house now.)
5 5. Become a mother (Completed, as of March 19!)
66. Go to Europe (Done! We went in May and it was spectacular.)
77. Take Jordan to Hawaii (Tickets are purchased for September!)
88. Read the Harry Potter books
99. Sew a dress
110. Become a certified home study adoption worker (DONE! I completed the training in July)
111. Complete at least one home study for a family
112. Go scuba diving
113. See the show Wicked (Done! We saw it in NYC)
114. Write a book (not a novel- just a children’s book. I highly doubt I’ll ever get published, but I think it would be fun to complete a book for the sake of doing it)
115. Go skiing with Jordan (we’ve NEVER been together)
116. Run a half marathon
17. Pay for a stranger’s groceries anonymously (Well, I honestly tried to pay for a stranger’s groceries once, but she insisted that I don’t. Oh well. I am changing this one to NOT be anonymous).
118. Pay for a stranger’s meal anonymously
119. Take a voice lesson
220. Take a piano lesson
221. Take a dance lesson
223. Participate in a flash mob
224. Get a pedicure (Done. I went with some girlfriends in October.)
225. Read Jesus The Christ
226. Throw a party. Not just a get together, but a real party. (Done! I threw Jordan a big 30th birthday party. It was a lot of work but it was great!)
228. Finish a scrap book about Jordan and my courtship
229. Give a lecture (whether as a guest speaker, teacher, etc)
330. Learn how to moon walk. (Will I ever be able to do this??)
So, it looks as though I was 17 more to go before 30. Let's see how I do!