Thursday, August 7, 2014

Another Episode of Sleep Talking

One of my all time favorite characters is Sleep Talking Jordan. He hasn't been around for a while, but his friend, Half Asleep Talking Jordan showed up tonight.

Jordan was asleep on the couch while I was checking my email. Then this happened:

Me: *A little too loudly* Dang it!

Jordan: *opening his eyes* Huh? What.

Me: "Oh, there's this continuing education class that is super cheap coming to town, but it's scheduled for when we will be on vacation."

Jordan: "Do you pay for all of that crap? Every morning?"

Me: "Huh?"

Jordan: "Every morning, when you look at all those pictures...."

Me: "OK, you're obviously half asleep right now, so you don't know what you're saying, but I'm excited to tell you about it tomorrow!"

Jordan: *acting determined* "No, what were you talking about?"

Me: "I just said that I can't go to a continuing ed class that's coming."

Jordan: "Yeah, I know! Those pictures....you know you look at...."

Me: "Whatever, Honey."


Since we are on the subject, Jordan has a strange recurring dream that wreaks havoc on his sleep (and the sleep of any who share his bed).  Ever since we brought the baby home, Jordan CONSTANTLY dreams that the baby is in our bed with us, trapped under the pillows or stuck under our heavy blankets. If it is not that, then the baby has fallen off our bed. Poor Jordan wakes up from his nightmare and begins shaking all the pillows, pulling the covers off the bed, or jumps out of bed and wanders the room. This, of course, wakes ME up. Which often leads of this repetitive conversation.

Jordan: *shaking my arm* "Where is he? He's stuck under here!"

Me: "No, he's not, Jordan. You're dreaming."

Jordan: "But I SAW him. He was put in here."

Me: "No, he's not. He's in his crib."

Jordan: "Oh.... *mutters something about stupid dreams*"

One night Jordan was so adamant that the baby was trapped in our covers that he didn't believe until I had to show him Baby Jo was asleep in the video monitor. I feel sorry for Jordan. These dreams are always very distressing to him. I feel sorry for me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love.