Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cheapest. Bride. Ever.

If there is one thing I love, it's cake.

If there are two things I love, it's cake and finding crazy good deals. And planning a wedding makes my fondest for deals grow exponentially. Here are my latest exciting bargains:

Photographer: I really wanted someone competant to take our engagement pictures. I have spent my whole life critiquing every wedding announcement that I've ever seen, so taking cute pictures was a must! The only problem was I didn't want to spend much money either. "But Sonja, you can't expect a nice photographer for cheap!" WRONG! I found one! Thanks to my best friend Craigslist, I was able to find a local photographer who will take our pictures for $50, which includes a CD of all our pictures, as well as 10 "enhanced" photos (i.e. removing stray hairs, making colors look cooler, etc). Yes!!!

Vases: I had this really cool idea for our centerpieces on the tables, which included big vases filled with water, crystals, and rose buds. I looked in alot of catelogs and found vases anywhere from $8-16. No Thanks. I decided to try The Dollar Tree (which is the best dollar store ever....trust me. I know these things) and found perfect vases for- you guessed it- a buck! I was able to buy 18 vases for $18. LOVE IT!

Bridesmaid Dresses: Mariposa, a clothing store in the mall, was going out of business. I was able to get red skirts that were normally $70 each for $10 each. For the past 2 weeks I have been on a fervent quest to find the best tops. I finally found some that will work great! They aren't my favorite....but they ARE $6.50 a piece.

I was also able to get the same talented lady who decorated Molly's cake. It's so fun to be thrifty!

4 comments:

  1. Ah, how I've missed reading the hilarity you write. Oh, and what an ugly blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that last comment was obviously Troy. I want pictures of the bridesmaid dresses at least since you have no kid pictures to post yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've bragged to people about the steal of the a deal you found on your photographer. Hope the pix rock! I'm with Nancee when she says put pics of the bridesmaids skirts on line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheapest bride ever? Hello! We didn't even have a cake. Julie's ring is made out of tin foil and tape. We took pictures with a disposable camera. We have yet to go on a honeymoon. 2 of these things are true and 2 aren't. It's not so obvious...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.