Thursday, February 24, 2011

I FEEL SO ALIIIIIIVE!!!!

I am not a very assertive person. ESPECIALLY with strangers. When I see something that I think is rude or wrong, I tend to murmur to myself and then complain about it to Jordan. But actually confronting someone? No way. That's too scary. My mom is really good at it but not me. I always picture confrontations where I appear strong and in control and not terrified, but I never act on them.

One of my absolute biggest pet peeves is when smokers carelessly toss their cigarette butts onto the street, sidewalk, ground etc. Every time I see it, I want to scream. Do they really think that the butt just magically disappears? It is totally lazy not to mention DANGEROUS! And it happens all the time in Tulsa. Ugh! Whenever I see someone do it, I always have the urge to say something about it. But I never do....

until today!

This evening when I was walking out of Wal-Mart I saw a guy walking toward the entry smoking a cig (such a sexy sight- oh, wait. No, it's nasty). Right as he approached to the automatic doors, he flicked his nastiness onto the ground. My insides yelled, "THAAAAAAT'S IIIIIT!"

So I turned to the guy and said, "Excuse me?" He turned around. I took a deep breath, pointed to his grody butt and assertively said, "This is NOT an ash tray. People do not want to see your cigarettes on the ground!" He looked pretty flushed and said, "Ok. Sorry" and quickly turned around. I walked swiftly to the car hoping that my knees didn't buckle.

Jordan was in the car waiting for me. I soon as I got inside I proudly told him what I did and he gave me my props. I had such a strong adrenalin rush from it that my legs would not stop shaking. I laughed about how pathetic I was for having such a strong physiological reaction to it, but I'm glad I did it!

So watch out, you lazy Tulsa smokers! I just might call you out on it! (unless you look mean and scary. Then I will proceed to murmur about you to my husband),

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Nice work, Sonja! Thats awesome. Wish I could have been there to see it. Lets do a rerun when you are in Seattle. Meesa want to see Jojo unLEASHED!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.