Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sister, Sister: Oklahoma edition






Two weeks ago, my sister Molly and her 6 month old daughter Saige came to Tulsa for a week. We. had. a. BLAST!!! I was so excited because we hardly ever get visitors (subtle hint to family members) and Molly was my first sibling to come to visit since we moved here (much less subtle hint). We had so much fun and the week went by insanely fast.

We managed to eat Josh's sno-cones (I picked peach cobbler. mmm), eat at Steak n' Shake, eat all you can eat ribs at the Rib Crib, and all you can eat ice cream at the Taste of Summer festival (Yes, it's true. Eating is the best part of Oklahoma.) Saige got to taste her first bite of ice cream and popsicle.

MMMM.....high fructose corn syrup....


We did more than just consume calories. We went to a Drillers game (our minor league baseball team) and watched them get creamed.

"In this heat it is important to stay hydrated" ~Dr. Baby


"Higher, Uncle Jordan. I still can't see the outfield!"


We visited the Philbrook Art museum and walked around the beautiful grounds


We went swimming in our apartment pool



We also went to the dog park, human park, and Hobby Lobby. Molly and I knocked out a bunch of crafts to the tune of 30 Rock episodes.

Saige seemed to love Oklahoma so much, she could hardly contain her excitement. Oh, did I type excitement. I meant PUKE! She was able to throw up on at least 4 different pairs of my pants. sigh.

Saige was a trooper, despite her bulimia flare ups. She soaked in the culture so much that by the end of the week, she was able to line dance better than ever! I tried to up load the video of it on here, but of course there was an error. I successfully uploaded it to facebook if you want to see it.


It was so much fun. We can't wait until the rest of the family decides they love us enough to come to.(just kidding..kinda)



"Yeeha! I love Tulsa!"

2 comments:

  1. Such a great post! I love the Dr. Baby quote- so true, so wise. "You know, Liz when you say that after my every sentence, it makes me feel like you're not listening". Cant wait till Brad and I come to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog after your comment on fb and now I am hooked! It is so fun to read- not to mention you and your sister might be the prettiest people on the planet!! You guys are so cute - and so is Saige!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.