Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Here's the deal

It's amazing how things that I used to really love BEFORE I began working full time have turned into SUCH A CHORE ever since I began working full time. For example...

COOKING: Before work, this was so much fun to try new meals. Since work, this sucks, I come home and the last thing I want to do is be on my feet in the kitchen making a mess.

SHOWERING: Before work, I looooved to shower. It was relaxing "me time". Since work, it is one more thing that I have to squeeze into my night. I can't do it in the day time because that would require me to wake up early enough to shower and blow dry my hair. Um, no way.

PUTTING ON MAKE UP: Before work, this was fun! I liked being able to out my face on while I listened to music. Since work...Ok, I'll admit I still have fun with this one on the weekends, but any weekday I tend to cut corners, skip steps, and leave feeling less than pretty. Usually I feel like I am racing the clock to get back in bed for a few minutes. "Hmmm, if I choose not to put on eye shadow, I can get done faster..."

And lastly,

BLOGGING: Before work, it was fun! I liked thinking of different blog posts that I wanted to write, whether they were funny or serious. I liked creating birthday posts for my family. Since work, it feels like a cloud that is hanging over my head. Anytime I read someone else's blog I automatically think of all the posts I am behind on. Melissa's wedding/my trip to Utah that was months ago, my trip to Seattle, my cousin's wedding, my parent's visit.... It is beginning to feel more like another job. Then I get overwhelmed and decide to "start fresh". Oye. Plus, I average about 1 comment per post which makes me a little less motivated.

I'm not declaring an end to my blog or trying to get sympathy. I still like blogging and I enjoy reading past posts (and cringing at the typos that I refused to proofread earlier). I guess I am just coming to terms that this little blog is not going to be a journal of my life and more a place I can share little anecdotes. That will make me feel a little less crazy and maybe like blogging a little more. That is all.

4 comments:

  1. I love hearing about you life in Oklahoma, so you SHOULD blog more often. But no pressure, life does get busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is a chore! I'm with you. I always read your blog but I don't comment much because I read it on my google reader and to comment I have to click a couple extra buttons... so lazy, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, I never want to cook anymore. During the summer I would try new things, but now I just want to sit when I come home. However, I do love reading my friends' blogs while I sit! Love ya, girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understood on SO many levels! However, I LOVE reading your blog and I laugh out loud quite often while doing so...keep up the great work! Love your guts!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.