Sunday, July 21, 2013

Updates

I haven't blogged for a while, and mainly it is because I want to blog about our fantastic amazing, wonderful, and stomach-filling trip to Europe, but that has taken me much longer to write than I was anticipating. I still want to write about it so I can remember details, but now for I'll just update life since our trip.

First things first: I got a job. (Notice I didn't type "I got a job!!!!") I'm simply not a fan of work. But this job seems like it could potentially be a good fit for me. It's contract work, which means that I get to set my own hours and workload. I'm free from juggling  my vacation days. I love being able to schedule a doctor appointment and not having to make sure I get permission from a supervisor ahead of time. However, I am learning that contract work is not all peaches and cream. Because they don't have to pay me until I actually see a client, there is not rush to me to that point. I feel like I have to be one that proactive in getting my paperwork completed and my billing applications completed. This is very different from my job in Tulsa. In Tulsa, I was a salaried employee, so any time during my job where I wasn't seeing a client or doing something billable and money wasted on me. They took care of business fast.

Second things second: Jordan loves his job!!!! (I feel exclamation points seemed fitting this time.) He loves his supervising doctor, he loves to tell me about cases he has (without identifying the patients in any way. Don't kill me, HIPAA). I'm happy to see him enjoying his work.

Third things third: Jordan's brother is engaged! It's exciting for the family. Jordan is the youngest and I know his mother is has been so anxious for his siblings to find good people to love and marry. We like his fiance a lot. I've only met her about three or four times because they started dating right before we moved, but I can tell she's great. I'm excited to have a new sister-in-law, and I am happy to pass the torch of "being the new family member" onto her. Their wedding is November 1st of this year.

Fourth things fourth: Jordan and I survived our fist camping trip together. We went with our good friends from Tulsa and had an awesome time (despite find over four tarantulas on our camp site).

And lastly, I am SO EXCITED for my immediate family's reunion next month. I miss my family so much. I've been in Oklahoma for over four years and the homesickness has yet to subside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love.