Thursday, March 13, 2014

40 Weeks- The Final Countdown


The end of the road!
Crossed the finish line!
The end of the journey!

...so...where's the baby?

I am now officially 40 weeks, and still very much pregnant. I know this is totally normal, especially for a first pregnancy, but I have to admit I am getting extremely antsy.

Remember how a few weeks ago, I was complaining about everyone assuming I am miserable, as well as declaring that I am in no hurry to have this baby? Well, let me update that status:

While I am not necessarily miserable, I am certainly LESS comfortable than I was 3 weeks ago. My body feels ok, but the worst symptom I have right now is my skin. Not only are my detested stretchmarks getting darker and multiplying, but they ITCH LIKE CRAZY! They are super inflamed and bumpy. I try so hard to not scratch them and to treat them (Luckily I know a super cool derm PA with the sweet hook ups) but they still drive me nuts. Two nights ago, I made the mistake and succumbing to the itch and went to town on them, scratching away. Big mistake. I spent the next two hours trying to find ways to stop the inflamed burning. I tried creams, aloe, blowing air on them, fanning them, witch hazel, and in an act of desperation...diaper rash cream. It was awful! I finally was able to get past the itch, but every night I wake up to it. It sucks.

While we are still terrified of becoming parents, we are now feeling more ready and excited for our baby to come. I've been trying to will him out for the past three days by taking long walks, bounding on my exercise ball, eating pineapple, doing zumba, and sending mental vibes to the kid to set himself free. I don't think I will ever get to the point of using castor oil, though. That sounds worse than being pregnant.

Despite my complaints, there is still some good stuff about my pregnancy. My body does not ache much and I am still able to get out and do things without feeling too winded. Plus, ever since my stretch marks came in, I have given myself permission to temporarily eat what I want (within reason) until the baby comes. Where you are 40 weeks along, I feel it is your right. Ha.

We are hoping to have this baby by Sunday (March 16) because that would be very convenient for Jordan's schedule. Let's see what happens!

And to end, here are what I hope to be my final chalkboard belly shots:

2 comments:

  1. I love the eat whatever I want stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Baby is the size of a Baby." Haha!! Come out already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.