Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Turning two.

And just like that, my little guy will be two this week.

I am so happy that Jo is alive, healthy, and well. I know so many mothers in the world don’t get to celebrate their children’s second birthdays. I am trying so hard not to get sad as my baby gets older, and to remember that growing older is a privilege.

But I am not made of stone. Cue the water works.

I am not going to lie, this birthday (as well as my own upcoming birthday) is tough on me. I always imagined that when Jo turned two, I would be super pregnant with the next bundle-o-baby, or at least pregnant at all. It’s hard to see him grow up so quickly when the next baby’s timeline is unknown. It also makes me sad to know that every day that passes make Jo THAT much older and further apart than his future siblings.  

It’s so bittersweet to see him grow. I LOVE listening to him talk nonstop and learn new words. I love hearing him try to string words together into commands and questions. But it also breaks my heart to see him abandon some of his baby-talk vocab. Monkeys are just monkeys now, they will never be “Ah-Ahs” again. When he ever so politely says, “please”, it will only be “please”, never again “BEEZ!” I’m glad he is learning and correcting himself, but does he have to do it so quickly? Thankfully, he still refers to himself as “you” and calls milk “guk”. I am clinging to these precious words.

Plus, now that he is two, he actually costs money to fly, amiright?? Since birth, he has been on 17 one-way flights (not including layovers) and they were ALL FREE! Now every trip will cost me double. Ew ew ew.

In the end, I am happy to watch him mature and have his sweet personality further shine. I have to accept that time isn’t slowing itself down, and I am satisfied with how much time I get to spend with my boy. Sometimes being a stay-at-home mom is dull, but I know that I will miss many parts of it when this phase is gone, so I am doing well at savoring all the crazy moments with Baby, now TODDLER Jo.

Now, if we can just keep age THREE from sneaking up on me, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love.