Friday, March 27, 2009

Purple never looked good on me anyway.

Jordan and I have been very anxious to hear back from the two graduate schools that I applied to, seeing that they are our first choice. I've checked the mail everyday with high hopes of hearing from Eastern. I called the school about two weeks ago to check n my status and they said I should receive my application response (or whatever it's called) in about two weeks sooooooo each day I was expecting to hear from Eastern.

Today Jordan walked home with me from school and we decided to check the mail together. Sure enough, there was something in there!

It was a small envelope from UW. Boo. Not a good sign. Jordan remained optimistic. He kept saying, "Think positive! You don't know what it says!" I, on the other hand, could smell the rejection. I opened and read the sucky lines, "Sonja, we are sorry to inform you...yadda yadda yadda." Bottom line: Not going to be a huskey.

I was pretty disappointed. I really wanted to live close to family and be able to experience living in the actual city, Seattle. But we are hoping on Eastern and if we get in there, little Cheney Washington will be our home for a year. Jordan promised me that we could try to go to Seattle as often as possible.

So, we can cross UW off the list. Now let's keep our fingers crossed for Eastern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love.