Tuesday, June 2, 2009

And just like that...it's over

If you could all look to the right of this blog..yes, our countdown...you will see that it reads 00:00:00:00. Which means.....JORDAN AND I FINALLY GOT HITCHED!! It was an amazing day! The weather was beautiful! Bright sunny skies, in the mid 70's....ah! Everyone looked so amazing in their uniforms- I mean bridal party attire. The reception was lovely! All was well. For those of you who didn't attend, or those who want to relive its glory, here is a recap of: THE WEDDING, Sonja style (Jordan was there too).

We can start on Thursday, May 14th. I was able to go to the temple with my family. Those who went with me were my parents, Jordan, his parents, and Sister McMullin, my old young womens president who I LOVE! The experience was very unique and special.

Thursday night was my bachelorette par-tay! Deanna and Aleeza, my best friends from high school, started the night by taking me to Gean Jaurez (ooh lala) to get my nails done. The lady obviously did a good job because the nails are still on over two weeks later. After that, we went back to my house where I got a first class strip dance from Deanna's little brother Dennis. It was a little bizarre as I have known Denniz since he was in 6th grade! haha. Don't worry- he only got down to khakis and a "I love Sonja" wife beater. After that "event" we met up with more friends for a delicious fondue dinner/dessert at the Melting Pot! Awwww!

We ended the party at Chopsticks. Its this awesome dueling piano bar. The pianists were sooo fun to listen to. We even got on stage and danced for a few numbers...Baby Got Back= Deanna and Sonja shaking their money maker. I was also showered with beautiful and delicious virgin drinks. The night was a great way to end my single life! Thanks, lay-days!!!!

Friday, May 15th was work day! We got up and headed to the church to decorate.

The beginning:

The end:

Its not the best picture but you get the idea. We made a low hanging ceiling and put up a backdrop. In the end, the only thing that looked like a gym was the basketball lines on the floor.

Saturday, May 16th....THE WEDDING!

Our debut as husband and wife:


This isn't a very good picture but it shows off the back of my dress!
This one shoes off the bubble hem of my dress....and my shoes. ...and my cute husband.
My cute little flower girls: my nieces Erica and Lovi
After the wedding, we had a tasty luncheon. I don't have pictures of that yet, but I will soon. We had a photographer at the temple grounds and luncheon and I am itching for her pictures!!

That night, we had our reception. It was wonderful! How cool is it to have a huge party just for you?? haha

Our cake:

My dad and I during our daddy-daughter dance. If anyone knows my dad, they know that a simple slow dance wouldn't cut it. Instead, we did a goofy half swing/half jazz dance to the Elvis song "Blue Suede Shoes". It was embarassing, but good. :)


After my dance with my dad, Jordan and I danced to Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight". It was a little awkward because everyone was staring at us quietly. I think they were expecting something exciting like my dance with my dad. Sorry!
I will have more pictures on facebook, so can check my photo album there. I will be adding more once I get my photographer's pictures also.

It was such a great day and night. I am so thankful for my family and friends who were so helpful. Since the end of December, not an hour went by when I wasn't think about wedding stuff. During my last semester of BYU, my notebooks also had wedding "to do" lists in the margains. It feels so nice not to think about it anymore. I love driving past a Michaels and NOT thinking, "Oh I should go in there and see how much their ribbon is!" Ahhhh.

Jordan and I have been married 2 weeks now. We got back from our wonderful honeymoon (pictures coming soon) and just signed on a apartment to rent (pictures will be taken). Right now we are at his parents house. Jordan is sleeping next to me in the lazy boy chair. It's so fun to look over at him and think, "hey, there's my husband!" Married life is neat. :)

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH I MISS YOU. I mean, I know you're onto your sweet awesome married life, but here I am with this Sonja-sized gap in my life!!! Well, bigger than Sonja-sized, because you are tiny and the gap is HUGE! :)

    I love you and I love your pictures and I can't wait to see the rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So-So. Ta-Ta (temple). Lo-Lo. That is what Erica had to say about your blog. I want to hear about the cruise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.