Friday, July 17, 2009

Friendly Neighbor Chat

Remember those episodes in Home Improvement where Wilson would peek over the fence and offer sound advice to the Taylor family? Well, those days are GONE, my friends!

When we first moved into our apartment, we noticed there was some patchwork done on our bedroom door. We joked that it was from some psycho-double-punch through the wall, and then forgot about it.

Fast forward to this week. I was in our parking lot helping struggling to carry all my groceries when my neighbor and his friend came over and offered to help. (My neighbor is a nice young guy, probably about 19-21. I had only met him once before the parking lot encounter, but I learned that he and his mom used to live in our apartment, but then moved across the hall because that one was bigger. Anyways...) As we were carrying the groceries, my neighbor explained to his friend, "She lives where we used to live." Then he started this friendly conversation:

"Hey, when you moved in, were there holes in your walls?"
"Uh....no. I don't think so. Why, were there holes when YOU lived there?"
"Yeah...there used to be... *slight pause* See, I used to date this girl, an done weekend I invited her over to stay with me. But we got in a HUGE fight and she punched me, so I like, went crazy and started punching through the walls."
".....oh....o-ok..."
"Yeah, there's probably some patches on the bedroom door if you look close. Also on the main door."
"...yeeeah. I think there are, now that you mention it."
*Awkward pause*
Me: "Well, I guess it's...cool to have some history in our apartment! *nervous chuckle*"
"Yeah. I probably shouldn't have said nothin'."

Wow. Something tells me Wilson would have never said that.

2 comments:

  1. No, I think I saw the episode of Home Improvement where Wilson did say something along those lines. Must have been an extended version or something.

    Also, that made me laugh. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Allright! I supercharged my riding lawn mower! (grunt grunt grunt grunt)" SCREEEEECH! "Oh, no! I killed Wilson! Looks like it's back to jail for me.....(grunt grunt)"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.