Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Diggin' Marriage!

Today is our four month anniversay. FOUR MONTHS! Where the heck did the summer go? I still feel as though we have been married for four WEEKS! And with our completely cluttered spare room and unfinished (and barely started) wedding album, it sometimes seems even shorter than that!

Yesterday Jordan and I were eating dinner when he said out of the blue, "I really like being married." I automatically responded, "Yeah, me too!" I stopped and thought about it some more and thought, Yeah. I actually do like this.

Our first two months were so not what I was expecting. I thought we would be giggly, swoony, bubbly and every other annoying adjective. Instead, I was completely overwhelmed. I think it was a mix of having so many changes at once. Within a month, I had a new husband, a new family, a new home state, a new school, and a new last name. I also had to get used to listening to someone else about how to spend money. I was also a little freaked out by all the differences between us that I discovered. Nothing major- just little things like how we like to shop for groceries, how we sleep, who cleans what, what we think is ok to watch on Sunday, etc. All this stress made me feel incredibly guilty because I would hear so many people talk about how much they loved marriage, how much better it was than single life, and all I could think is "what did I get myself into?"

Now, being four months into this enternal journey, I feel sooooo much better. I can actually remember where alot of things are in Tulsa, I'm making friends at my new school, and I do all the grocery shopping myself :). Even though Jordan and I will still debate about things, I'm not as thrown off by his differences as I was a few months ago. I have also learned not to compare myself to other people (a life long lesson. blah.) because you never really know the whole story about anyone or any couple. I honestly really like being married!

So here is to four months! Jordan and I have much more married time ahead of us, and I am happy about that.
Happy Fourth Month Anniversary, Jordan!

2 comments:

  1. Glad marriage is treatin' you well. So, what is ok to watch on Sunday? I'm assuming you only have Seinfeld as an option anyway. Working on an Erica post. We just got in last night. Still need to unpack. blah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mainly we differ about football being ok to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.