Thursday, February 18, 2010

While watching the Olympics....

I've learned some things...

1)I'm a bad person.

No, really. I am. Here I am watching the world's most trained and talented athletes- people who have sacrificed so much of their lives for their sport- and all I do is sit on my couch and secretly chant, "Fall! Fall! Fall! Fall!" It's not because I'm 100% evil- I just want the people that I like to win. And unfortunately, that usually requires the other athletes to fall and shatter their dreams. But I'm ok with that.

2) I do not like Russia.

No matter who you are, if you are a Russian athlete you are on my "oh, please do fall" list. I blame this on the following people:

Svetlana "Ostrich neck/fish lips" Khorkina



Plushenko (eat silver, buddy!)

...and that 2002 Russian skating scandal (too lazy to find the pictures).

3) Shaun White reminds me of a certain puppet...
Am I the only one who sees this?







5 comments:

  1. I felt like I was watching Blades of Glory the other night. The cowboy outfit, the sailor suit (!) and the best: that guy who dressed up in the Walmart skeleton halloween costume. Stay classy, figure skating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious and that is why I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA! man, i love you sonja. reading your blog totally made me laugh!
    and dude, YES! shawn white is one sexy beast. he reminds me of carrot top a little too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up Sonja! I relate to your feelings. :) The Olympics are so fun! Go Team USA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Honey. I finally figured out how to use this blog thingy...again. Let's see if I can remember it for a whole week. YES, Shaun White does remind me of Animal. I just can't decide if the row of very white teeth look better on the top or the bottom ... actually, I vote for Animal's teeth. GO, TEAM MUPPET.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.