Thursday, June 10, 2010

Seattle and Salvation Army

After graduation my parents took me and Jordan on an incredible church history road trip. Since my camera is gone, I am waiting for my dad to send me some of his pictures of the trip (did I mention I miss my lost camera??) so I am going to wait until I get his photos before I blog about the trip in detail. Stay tuned....

After our vacation with my parents, Jordan and I flew to Seattle to visit more of the fam. We built legos, played Star Wars, built forts, swam in 3 ft of water, limboed, played London Bridges, set up a Snow White puzzle multiple times....oh, and we played with my nieces and nephew too. :P I love being an aunt! Jordan is the cutest uncle too. He loves loves loves our little kiddos; it's so adorable. He's gonna make a great baby daddy someday.

One really cool thing that we did in Seattle was help out with a charity put on by Salvation Army. They organized "One Million Meals for Haiti" and asked for volunteers to help assemble food packages to be sent to the Haitians. My parents, Molly and Brad, Jordan and I all went to help out.


My, what a sexy bunch! They were supposed to give me an apron, but I think I got a dress instead.





Here's a shot of the Convention Center in Seattle full of people assembling food.



Officially the most UNflattering picture of us!



The whole center was packed with energy. You could tell everyone was having a great time. It's easy to forget how fulfilling service can be.

1 comment:

  1. That was a super fun day. Part of the reason it was so awesome was that was the first day in over a month when I felt GOOD alllll day long! Big break through! Maybe it's because when no one was looking I would eat handfuls of the dried bean mix....shhhh.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.