Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sew crazy!

Last week I bought a sewing machine on a total impulse. BEST impulsive shopping I've ever done. I bought it online on Monday and it was at my doorstep by Thursday. Since then I have had so much fun sewing* stuff. I've been going nonstop.

This is my sewing machine:
And no, I did not find it in the Barbie isle. The flowers are dumb. I think whoever created this machine thought that only 10-12 girls would need such a ultimate beginners model. Oh, well.

The machine IS great for beginners too! I highly recommend this baby to anyone who is even curious about sewing. The best part is it didn't even cost that much. Ka-ching. Now I have more money to spend on replacing my missing camera :(

(Seriously, Seattle family members....has anyone seen it? Anywhere?)

Without said camera, I can't take pictures of my beautiful** creations. Basically all I have made are throw pillows for our living room and peepee teepees for baby gifts.Wish me luck as I tiptoe into harder patterns...

*attempting to sew...often messing up and whining.
**beautiful is widely subjective. A more appropriate adjective would be "....eh.."

3 comments:

  1. What the CRAP is a peepee teepee?!?! It sounds like a TP babies pee into...I KNOW I am not picturing this right thing, here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a teepee you place upon a boy baby's weewee to prevent him from shooting out peepee! it it used for changing diapers

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and you need a big ol' sewing machine to make this teepee weewee thing? It would only need to be about 1" long no doubt... and how long does it take to make ...about 2 minutes? That's actually my kind of project!! Send me the plans and I'll make some for my 2 boys. ( better late than never, right Andy- Lambie-Pie and Munchin Man Troy Boy?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.