Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Grateful for Home Depot Boys

Yeah, so....I missed a few days? Are we surprised? No. Do we really care? No. So let's just keep going.

Today I am grateful for the helpful people at Home Depot. I went there this evening and it was same ol' thang...

Take today for example. I walked into Home Depot completely confused and overwhelmed. I knew I needed this tube foam thing but I had no clue where to even begin looking for it. Thankfully a saint dressed in an orange apron could sense my panic and asked if he could help me. I asked the guy,,
" Do you have like, foam tube things?"
"Oh, you mean plumbing insulation?"
"....Uh.... they're like round tubes??"
Turns out it WAS plumbing insulation, which I found out as the employee walked me directly to them.

And of course once I get there, I realize that they are completely out of my reach (like approximately 75% of the merchandise in hardware stores) so I had to ask a friendly stranger t grab the thingy for me. Once I had my foam- I mean pluming insulation- I remembered that I needed another thing. It was decorative aluminum sheet stuff....or at least that is what I was calling it tonight. I thought, maybe I can find it myself. HA!!! After pacing the store for about 10 minutes I was approached by another orange aproned friend.
"You ok, ma'am?"
"Uh, no. I'm lost. *nervous chuckle* I'm looking for um, decorative aluminum sheet....stuff?"
"Oooookay....I think I know what you're talking about. Let's go look."
Sure enough, the guy was speaking my lingo because he took me right to it!

So you would think I would have learned my lesson by now, but noooOOOOooOOoo. I remembered that I wanted to find this one outlet do-hickey that you can screw into your porch light. Surely it is just in the Christmas stuff. I totally got this......I never got it. Feeling defeated, I timidly asked another guy if he had any clue where one could find "the thing that you screw into your balcony light to plug Christmas lights in". He took me to a completely different isle that I was in that I didn't even know existed.

So, thank you, kind Home Depot guys. You made my gratitude list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love.