Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Letters to myself

Dear 4 year old me,
You have NO IDEA how amazing your life is right now. No work, no school, no responsibilities. Cherish it.

Dear 5 year old me,
Yes, Mrs. Gruber is the scariest kindergarten teacher in the world, but you'll never get in serious trouble, so stop worrying about it everyday.

Dear 6 year old me,
You know how Molly is currently obsessed with living in Oklahoma when she grows up and talks about it all the time? That will be kinda funny. Stay tuned.

Dear 8 year old me,
Don't get that haircut. It's a mistake.

Dear 12 year old me,
You know how the orthodontist said you'll wear your new braces for 18 months? Don't believe him. Those puppies aren't going anywhere....

Dear 16 year old me,
Hang in there, the braces will be off soon! Also, don't you think it's time you get your license? Stop being such a chicken.

Dear 18 year old me,
Yes, it does royally suck that UW did not accept you into college. Don't worry. You'll escape BCC and move on with your life. Stop thinking you are such a loser. It's exhausting.
Also...are you SURE you want to apply to Kindercare? Cause there ARE other places....


Dear 20 year old me,
Congrats into getting into BYU! You'll like it a lot...and when you get that C in American Heritage, it won't be the end of the world. Your GPA will be resurrected and you will even get into grad school some day.

Dear 21 year old me,
OK, seriously? You really need to stop dating such weirdos. And when that nice Jordan boy asks you out, just GO.

Dear 22 year old me,
Look- you like him, he likes you. Stop worrying about it.

Dear 23 year old me,
See what I meant about how nice that Jordan boy is? Marriage won't be as terrifying as it is right now. Don't worry, you'll actually enjoy Tulsa in a few months.

Dear 24 year old me,
There, see? Marriage is AWESOME! And no, you can't quit your job and spend everyday at the pool. It's time to be a grown up....sigh. By the way, your job WILL get easier and you will like it much more later.

Dear 25 year old me,
Ah, look. Your job is ok after all. Heads up- you are about to meet your worst enemy...in the shape of tiny kidney stone. Also, stop freaking out about "being old". Strangers will still think you are 17.

Dear 26 year old me,
Am I normal yet? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. This is the cutest post I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 4 year old post. If only they knew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!
    i might have to use it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOooooooooooooklahoma where the somthing-something-somthing graaaaaze!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.