Sunday, February 22, 2009

Clearfield

Jordan and I just got back from a weekend o' fun in Clearfield. We were able to see my parents who were both in town, as well as my three aunts. My grandma is currently sick in the hospital so we spent some time visiting her, spent MORE time giving my grandparents house a heavy duty scrub down, and spent whatever time we had left eating out at tasty restaurants. (Crown Burger + Cracker Barrel = Fat Sonja.)
My grandma gave us all quite a scare as we weren't sure what was wrong with her exactly. Luckily on Saturday, we were given a diagnosis: THIS. I'm still a little confused on what it does, and I'm too lazy to read the whole article. Mom explained it to us in simple terms, and she made my already germophobic fiance even more paranoid. Jordan wouldn't let me touch him until I washed my hands and sanitized them. Don't be surprised if you see the Spruce Goose on our wedding registry list...
My aunt Jane had the pleasure of modeling my sister's bridesmaid dress for us all. It looked nice, but we are making a slight change in the ensemble. Instead of filling the plunging neckline with material from the skirt, my aunt is going to sew the top so that it is modest, but doesn't need anything under it.
I bought Jordan's ring. It's tungsten and looks great. I also got my wedding dress! AUGH! The store I got it from, Sweetheart's Bridal, wouldn't let me take pictures of it, so I don't have one. But I found two pictures that KIND OF look like the bottom of the dress:
My dress has a bubble hem, which makes it bubbly at the bottom rather than laying flat. This one looks a little like it too:
As for the top, It is a scoop neck with pretty beading and buttons up the back. It also has short sleeves. My mom saw it and she really likes it. I feel very poofy and cupcakey, which is what I've always wanted in a wedding dress. It's so nice to finally have it! Now I just have to get it altered.

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean you are also going to serve cupcakes at your wedding? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.