Friday, February 27, 2009

DONE!

Graduate school applications are officially done and out of my hands. I turned my last one into the post office yesterday. It feels sooooooo nice to have them completed and out of my hands.
I applied to three schools. University of Washington, Eastern Washington University, and OU-Tulsa. I won't hear back from UW until April. Eastern could come either in late March or April. OU's could come any day. Stay tuned.

My biggest wedding frustration right now has been photographers claiming themselves to be "affordable" when they cost over $1300. If you want to charge over a thousand dollars, that's fine. I understand that people pay that much and more for photography. Heck, charge MORE if you can get away with it. It's just so annoying when they list themselves in craigslist as "Super Affordable Photography!". Why don't just type "Wonderful Photography" or "Very Professional"? The people who will book them are looking for those things. People like me who are truly seeking an affordable photographer don't need this false advertising.
What's even more annoying are the photographers who want you to contact them for their pricing. This one guy and I have been playing phone tag because he insists on calling me "to set up a consultation" when all I want is him to email me his prices. If he is within reasonable range of what I am looking for, then I will bother talking to him on the phone.

I have loved being engaged and I love planning my wedding. It's just for bumps in the road such as these that make me excited for May 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love.