Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Resolutions

Ok, so I know that Christmas hasn't even come yet, but I'm already thinking about New Years. (This oughtta give Christmas a taste of its own medicine, seeing how everyone and their step-brother says, "Ok, I know Thanksgiving hasn't even come yet, but I'm already thinking about Christmas." ANYway...) Every time January 1st comes around I make resolutions that I usually stick to until...January 18ish. But not in 2010!

You always hear people say that you need to write down your goals to make them more accountable. But since writing things on paper is so 1999, I figure posting them on my blog works is a nice modern alternative. That, and I'm lazy and I don't want to get up off the couch.

Here is the 2010 line up as of today:

1) Proofread my friggin blog entries. I don't know why I never do this. I'm a horrible typist and am completely prone to making typos, yet by the time I finish a post I never want to read over it. I'm the same with homework but pesky grades force me to proofread those. But I hate noticing typos or mess ups after my entries have been read by the entire 3 of you who read them, so I'm actually gonna buckly down and give them look-see.

2) Read scriptures daily. Jordan and I have actually been doing a good job with this one. Since our wedding, we have not missed a since day (and it's our 7 month anniversay today-holla!) However, I think it would be sweet to have an entire calendar year without missing a day.

3) Make my bed...on the weekends (gotta start small). Good gravy, how I loathe making my bed. There is something about it that is, as Mary Poppins would say, something quite attrocious. But I LOVE the look of a made bed. It makes our room look so much more pleasant and inviting.

That's it for now. I'm not even gonna put 'exercise more' anywhere near my list of resolutions because I always put it in there and never do it. You know why? Because I hate it.

I'm also not gonna put 'quit biting my nails' on my list either. That's usually #1 on my list every year and come January 1 at 4:oopm, my hands are practically nubs. I would love to quit someday, but I don't want to bad enough to yet, I guess. (Sorry Mom, I know you've been waiting for me to stop for about 20 years).

And now it is the end of my post and guess what- I soooo don't want to reread this! But hey- Loophole! I don't gotta yet- it's still 2009 so I can embrace my typos a little longer.

1 comment:

  1. Testing testing...I don't get what the hooha is about. I can post fine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.