Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sharing Time With Jordan


You know how three year olds struggle with sharing? Well, so do 26 year olds.

Tonight Jordan and I split a meal from Pei Wei and took it home to eat. When we brought it home, this was our conversation:

Sonja: Hey, will you divide the food up?

Jordan: Uh, can you do it?

Sonja: No, I did it last time. Just do it.

Jordan: But if I do it, I won't be fair!

Haha. Excuse me? At least he's honest. Fast forward two minutes later (after I convinced Jordan that he is capable of selflessly splitting up dan dan noodles)

Jordan: Hey, will you come and see if this is even?

Sonja: No, you can do it without my help You're 26.

Jordan: Yeah, but I'm also weak!

Fast forward one minute after Jordan declared that he split the food up. I came up to the table and picked one of the halves (the one in the cool Pei Wei container, to be specific). This lead to:


Jordan: Noooo!

Sonja:What?

Jordan: That one has more!

Sonja: You were supposed to make them even!

Jordan: Well....you usually eat less than I do!

Sonja: Fine. I'll add some to your plate.

Jordan: Nooo! I wanted to eat out of the container!

Sonja: No! you had it last time!

Jordan: Hmph! Fine!

Sonja: *adds a few spoonfuls to his plate* There.

Jordan: You still have more!

Sonja: How uneven did you make this??

Jordan: I warned you about me!

So there you have it, folks. Jordan is a wonderful, caring, and thoughtful man...just not when it comes to sharing food. Consider yourselves warned.

3 comments:

  1. Kyle is the exact same!!! When he's really hungry, he gets greedy with food. haha that's totally a guy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys are having pei wei again... less than a week later. Jordan - I toatally get it. If you ALWAYS had to eat the same amount as Sonja, you'd starve! But you're allowed to take larger portions to sustain yourself if the meal is ... say ... unsalted green beans. Or plain lettuce. Or maybe onion-mayo cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Jordan to stay away from my sweet potatoes at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.