Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 15: Crap Day

So you know those days at are just down right craptacular? That would be yesterday. Here's how it panned out:

It alllllll started around midnight when we heard someone's car alarm go off in our complex. It wasn't our alarm (I'm not even sure if we have one, and if we do, it ain't doing its job.), so we threw our pillows over our heads and murmured, "When will they turn off their alarrrrrm? People are trying to SLEEP!"

Fast forward to 11 AM. Jordan had an interview for OU-Oklahoma City (about a two hour drive for those who aren't familiar with Oklahoma geography). I decided to go with him so we could hit up the temple that was near by. We hopped in the car and start driving, thinking we had plenty of time. Part way there, Jordan asked me to enter the address of the school into our beloved GPS. I looked around the car and realized it wasn't there....and neither was my beloved iPod- both things that were used in the car the night before. That's when we realized that we were robbed! D'OH! Of course I was mad at the jerk(s) who took our stuff, but I couldn't help but be mad at myself so for many stupid things. I was mad that I left my stuff in the car, mad that I didn't hide it better, mad that I didn't triple check to make sure my doors were locked (like I usually do!), and lastly, mad that I grumpily stayed in bed while someone's car alarm was practically shouting at me, "YOUR STUFF IS GETTING KIDNAPPED!" Grrrr.

Well, we had to turn around and head back to our apartment to get mapquest directions. Thankfully we weren't toooo far away, but we had to hustle to make up for lost time. Nothing makes you feel better than anxiously driving to a school interview, hoping you'll make it in time (spoiler alert: we did. PHEW!)

Fast forward to driving to OKC- for real this time. Our pike pass* (*white plastic page thingy that lets you go through toll booths without paying) was suspended (or something) so we had to cough up ten bucks to pay to use the highways. I HATE the toll booths here. Oh, and we also almost got side swiped by a speeding semi. Thank goodness for Jordan's sweet driving on the curb skills.

Fast forward to Jordan's PA school interview. It was pretty strange. The school didn't have any tours or "Welcome to our program" or anything! Jordan showed up, got pushed into a room with three people, and started getting questioned. The interviewers asked the weirdest questions, such as, "What does your WIFE think about you wanting to be a PA?" "What about your parents?" "Have you talked this over with your wife?" "With your grades, I don't get why you don't want to just go to medical school...." They made it seem as though PA stood for prostitute associate. None of them seemed pleased with the profession at all, which was awkward for someone who is trying to convince them that he'll be great at it. They were all very stern and would not reguard Jordan's answers. The whole process was very uncomfortable and Jordan was glad to get out of the room. He had a feeling that two of the interviewers already made up their minds that they didn't like Jordan before the interview even started. SHEESH! Whatever. It's over and that is that.

Meanwhile, I was stuck in our car in the parkinglot. My origional plan was to go to the mall while Jordan was interviewing, but with no GPS, I had no clue where anything was in the city. That's ok, I'll just listen to my ipod- oh, wait. Luckily, I had my mom on the phone to keep me company and let me complain to her about how much I hate thieves.

After the horrific morning, scary drive, and painful interview, we thought a trip to the temple would be very thereputic. Good thing we have a GPS to tell where it is- oh, wait...no, we don't. We got lost. Verrrrrry lost. So lost that we just started laughing from delirious frustration. We strolled and realized that we were dang late for their earlier session and their next one was in about two hours. Double D'oh. We sat in the waiting room and strummed through church magazines. Finally, we decided to drive around and find something to do to waste our chunk of time. Walmart never looked so exciting when we found it....

Fast forward to 5:30- temple time! It was nice to relax and try to take our minds off the pain that was January 15, but I got a gentle reminder that it was Crap Day before leaving the temple.When I came out of dressing room after the session, a temple worker politely told me that the youth from the baptism trip aren't allowed in that part of the temple....meaning me and my apprent 12 year old self. Thanks, lady; and Happy Crap Day to you too!

We were very happy to get home and very very happy to be done with that day! There was a bunch of other odd, stupid things that happened too, but this post is long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love.