Saturday, January 30, 2010

One fantaaaaaastic week!

I think I cam summarize how our week went with this single clip art:
Full of frightened white people.

Kidding! It was GREAT! We had so many wonderful blessings and cool things happen this week. Take, for example:

1) On Monday, Jordan found out that he got accepted into Pacific University's PA program. He had interviewed with them less than 48 hours earlier. That school is close to Portland, OR,which also means that it is close to my sister and relatively close to my Washington family. We were so happy to know that we were going SOMEWHERE for school and that this long grueling process wasn't all for nothing. (The ONLY downside of this school is that it is a private university that costs an arm and a leg, and most likely a couple of internal organs).

2) On Wednesday, Jordan received a phone call from OU-Tulsa, stating that he was accepted to their program! We were incredibly excited about this, because with their tuition, we would be able to keep our extremities and organs to ourselves! Jordan was very impressed with the staff and students at OU-Tulsa during his interview so he was happy to be a part of their program. This is also great because now we do not have to move anywhere, we get to stay close to Jordan's family for a couple more years, and we might be able to go on all the trips that we have been planning in our heads, such as Branson and New Orleans (That means you, Brittany!:D) I am a little sad to still have to live so far away from my family, but I figured with the all the tuition money we were saving, I would be able to visit my family more often.

3) We got Freckles frozen custard- best. frozen. custard. EVER.

4) On Thursday, the governor of Oklahoma issued a warning due to a blizzard that was coming up. All the schools closedwhich gave Jordan a whole day off of work and and school. As my niece Erica would say, "Ooh, lucky you!"

5) On Thursday night, Jordan and I went along with our friends to see Avatar in 3D at the Imax. I think I was the only person in the country who really didn't want to see this movie, but I am glad that I did! It was really cool- totally entertaining! I want to be a blue person!

6) On Friday, my agency that I am doing my internship at closed due to the weather, which granted me a three day weekend! Jordan only had to work a half shift on Friday too.

7) Last night, we went over to our friends' house and played the most intense game of catch phrase ever! It was crazy fun!

8) This moring when I woke up thinking it was Sunday...and then realized it was SATURDAY! Boo-Yeah! That is the best way to start off the day!

9) Jordan promised that he will play Trouble with me this morning (I've been whining about playing this game for a loooong time!)

So this sums up our awesome week!

5 comments:

  1. Leonard Nimoy: Well, my job here is done.
    Barney Gumble: What do you mean? You didn't do anything.
    Leonard Nimoy: [chuckles] Didn't I? ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog post has far too many exclamation marks. You have exceeded the legal limit.

    Congrats to Jordan!

    Julie wants to be a blue person too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make sure Jordan doesn't conform to the excess regulations of some crusty old dean. And as a Jock, it is his duty to make fun of the nerds.

    I'm trying to find a way to get to Pandora.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am sad that you aren't going to Oregon since my sister lives there too, and I visit her occasionally. However, I am happy that you get to keep your organs and Jordan is excited about his new school. I hope this week will be just as great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that really was a fantastic week!! Congratulations to Jordan! Way to go!

    I have no desire to see Avatar either, but maybe since you liked it I should give it a try! :)

    Oh my gosh, I LOVE frozen custard!! So good!

    I love #8, that's a great feeling! :)

    I would LOVE for y'all to come and visit Nawlins! It's a party down here girl! We can eat shrimp po'boys together and beignets! Yummers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.