Saturday, October 30, 2010

Costumes


I love love love dressing up for Halloween! I can remember every Halloween costume since I was three years old. This list is definitely a "just for me" thing, so I won't be offended if people get bored and stop reading.

Age 3: Pumpkin (the costume was later handed down to our dog, Tawny)
Age 4: Butterfly (I remember luh-huh-huving the wings for my costume and was convinced that if I tried hard, they could make me fly)
Age 5: Pirate
Age 6: Mouse
Age 7: Dragon
Age 8: Pippi Longstocking (one of favorite costumes ever. I was amazed at how my mom could make my pigtail defy gravity with wire. I thought it was the coolest thing ever).
Age 9: Pirate again. (I recall being upset that I had to do a costume repeat. Weird fact- it was the exact same costume I wore when I was five. Apparently I had not hit a much needed growth spurt yet).
Age 10: Belly dancer
Age 11: Hippi
Age 12: Cleopatra
Age 13: Dead cheerleader
Age 14: Baby (just like every other girl my age)
Age 15: Nerd (this was the first of several times I dressed up as this)
Age 16: Spartan Cheerleaders (my friend Deanna and I made our costumes, learned a bunch of Spartan cheers and performed them when we went trick-or-treating. This was another one of my all time favorite costumes!)
Age 17: Grandma! (This was the last year I ever went trick-or-treating. I know it seems old, but my theory is if you dress up and are in school, you can still go and get free candy)

Age 18: Princess. I just wore my prom dress and a dollar store tiara. This was my most boring Halloween ever. My friends all were attending crazy college parties and I was too scared to go YSA. The only thing I dressed up for was the primary activity that I had to help out at.
Age 19: I did the nerd again for one party, and then for the YSA party I was a tourist.
Age 20: I was a rocker chick? I guess that would be the best name for it. I had those fake tattoos and wore black stuff, so I was one of those.
Age 21: This was the triple costume Halloween. For our ward party I was a nerd again...
... and then on Halloween I had to take a midterm. BOO! I didn't have anything planned so I didn't bother thinking of a costume. I got home from school around 8:00 when these two nerdy boys in our ward rang our doorbell. They were both dressed up and trick-or-treating. I excitedly asked if I could join them . They gave me a look like "Uh...a girl is talking to us...not sure what to do..." but then agreed to let me tag along. I ran into my room, wrapped a towel on my head and threw on my bathrobe. So I was a...shower lady? Whatevs. I trick-or-treated and got some cereal, top ramen, and canned food. (So I guess THIS was my last year I trick-or-treated! Ha!) After that, I went home and took off my pathetic excuse for a costume when my friend Lindsay called and asked if I wanted to go to a party on campus. I threw on sweat pants, sunglasses, and rubber gold teeth and became a gangster-ish person? Anyway, we had fun and I enjoyed a night that went from having no plans and no costume to spending the whole night doing Halloween stuff with two random costumes!
Age 22: Princess Peach and Mario! Loved these costumes!

Age 23: Flapper

and Age 24.....

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Pipi costume, too!! The dead cheerleader was good also. The Nerd made me laugh and I was amazed when you actually went to school in the grandma get up. You were always braver in high school than I was. Your husband looked the part. Great beard. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.