Thursday, October 28, 2010

This is Halloween, This Halloween





I had a really fun time decorating for Halloween this year. Between living a mile away from Dollar Tree and my hoarding habits, I was able to make quite of few decorations for cheap! Here is a tour of our spooky home (warning boy readers, this is more of a girly post...or more like a post that only a mom wants to read):

Our pumpkin patch

My first Halloween decoration ever! I got it at BYU when I was a lowly student.

Our apothecary jars ( empty pickle/spaghetti sauce jars and plastic champagne glasses) filled with severed lady fingers, mini skulls, and spiders.


I know what you are thinking....

"Never more"

Our cute pumpkins. I got these on super sale a year ago and was so excited to put them out!


Our bookshelf

Complete with severed foot

Melted candles. These were CRAAAAZY easy to make. I bought flameless tealights for a buck and hot glued them to a TP roll. I always seem to have like 3 rolls somewhere in my house. Aw, sweet hoarding...


Moving onto our kitchen.

Our centerpiece for our table was Captain Hook's hand. I totally ripped this off of this one guy's blog. His looked 10X cooler. Oh wellzz.

The sign reads "The hand of the infamous pirate Captain James Hook found in the belly of a crocodile". Unfortunately, my burning the edge of paper skills are lacking so I burned off parts of the sign. Jordan was convinced that I was going to burn our apartment down so I didn't try to make another one.



My kitchen decorations were all recycled goods.

These:

became these:


My potions! I named them after the potions in The Nightmare Before Christmas. I have Deadly Nightshade, Worm's Wart, and Frog's Breath.

"Nothing's more suspicious than Frog's Breath."

Have I mentioned that I'm a hoarder?? Cause I AM! I am incapable of throwing out any jar with a lid. Luckily, that comes in handy when making specimen jars.

It has been fun spookying up the place. This week I have been busy creating our costumes. Those are to be revealed later. (Don't get too excited. They definitely look homemade!)

4 comments:

  1. Holy CRAP! You go, girl. Wanna meet at Disneyland this weekend and enjoy the Nightmare Before Christmas entourage? Ok! Seeya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice decor. I actually really like the zombie pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey , is that my bracelet on the severed hand??? mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. But... I thought you liked Frog's Breath.

    That's awesome! Puts my 5 feet of orange lights that I tossed into our tree to shame.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.