Saturday, January 15, 2011

No coming back from this.

Since 1:00 pm, today has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Note: This is not a story for the squeamish. If you have a heightened gag reflex, I invite you to promptly close this tab. Thanks.

The day started off fine and everything was "juuuuuust PEACHY!!" (Points for those who know what that is from. Melissa D., I'm looking in your direction.)

12:00 Went to Jordan's parents' house to wish his mom a happy birthday and give her flowers. Happily accepted an invitation to go out to eat lunch with them.

12:30 Went to Mr. Mambo's Catina. Stuff my face with guacamole and queso (sp?). When our fajitas came out, crammed one down my throat then immediately started to feel too full. Wasn't too concerned, as over-eating is my forte.

1:30 Drove home. Noticed my stomach was very unsettled and not happy. Tried to ignore it by watching Dracula: Dead and Loving It (I want those 90 minutes of my life BACK please, Leslie Nielsen). Had to run to the bathroom multiple times. Yuck. Had a few false alarm pukes which just turned out to be the lovely dry-heaves.

2:00 Decided that a good way to settle my stomach and warm up (at this point I had the chills big time) would be to run a bath.

2:10 Immersed myself in the bath. Started to have more severe stomach pains. Could tell that ralphing was soon going to commence, and was also fully aware that I was soaking wet in a bath tub.

2:10:05: Sat up and threw up. Like, alot. In my bath water. While I was in there. Ugh. And of course, being in the condition of health that I was I could not very well "spring up" out of the water. The only thing I could do was pull the plug and let it slowly disappear.

"My life is trash." (Anyone know what THAT is from?)

The rest of the day consisted of me literally crawling around the apartment (standing made me too light headed), Laying on the ground, puking some more (that time I made it to the toilet, hurray), and complaining about how cold I was.

Aside from my traumatic bathing experience, there were some nice moments in the evening. For example, Jordan babied me by stroking his fingers through my hair (my favorite), and watching Return to Me with me. He also went out and purchase swallowable pepto pills because I was too scared of puking again if I tried the liquid stuff.

So that was MY day....how was your own?

3 comments:

  1. We've had that all week in our house. Danny is the only one out of the six of us to have been spared so far. It is no fun at all. This was the first stomach flu I've had where I had chills and body aches etc.
    I'm sorry you got it, it was awful. I hope you are feeling better today! And hopefully Jordan and his parents don't get it. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crap fest. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you were in tulsa and not my house!!! but if you were here, i GUESS i would of taken care of you. mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.