Friday, October 16, 2009

Tulsa State Fair

Add VideoLast weekend Jordan and I decided on a whim to go to the Tulsa State Fair. Because we decided last minute, we did not get there until 6:30 pm or so. We paid the $20 to get in *cough*RIP OFF*cough* and headed in. Here's what we did.

We watched a second rate hypnotist show. The hypnotist was a lady called De'Ann: The Hypno-Chick.

We saw animals...but somehow only took pictures of goats.
Baby goats! (Isn't Jordan cute?? heehee)

It's hard to see, but this baby goat got his whole head out of his cage. It was pretty funny.


We stood around watched this happy character:

His name was Bobo, the sinking clown. For $5, you would be given a chance to hit a target with a ball and watch him fall into a waist deep pool of water. Sounds lame, right? Well, here is the catch: Bobo was a total tool. He had a microphone that he could taunt loudly out of. Anyone walking by was victim to his cruelty. He was so mean, I wanted to try to dunk him! Everyone was cheering on the people who were trying to dunk the jerk. It was always very satisfying when they succeeded. Ahhh.....take that Bobo.

Played on these things. These were acutally awesome. I played on it too and I'm a little embarrassed at how much fun I had.

I think this is what our son will look like...only he'll be 6 times smaller (I hope!)

We met a celebrity...
Jordan got to chat about life with Mr. McDonald.

We cheered on the OU pig in the pig races...and he won! (so cute! I loved it!!)

We ate some insanely overpriced food. This turkey leg was $8. We split it, along with a $5 large corn dog. They had chocolate covered bacon too, but I decided I wanted to live past 30 so I declined to try it.

And we also got to look around at all the crap people were trying to sell. There was an awesome jewelery cleaner that would have cost less than that grody turkey leg. My ring and my stomache both agree that I should have gotten that instead. We relaxed in super expensive massage chairs and daydreamed about owning them. We also talked to a couple young chiropractors from a clinic called Body by God (say WHAT?) who tried to convince me that they could cure my very controlled, not a big deal at all, temporal lobe seizures (which they protest were extrememly life hindering to me, even though I repeatedly explained that they were not, but I what would I know?) through the art of realigning my neck (which they proclaimed was suffering from all sorts of problems). Mmmmno thank you.

We were going to go on a ride, but even the lamest kiddy ride was $4. I'm guessing we would have had to pull out our check book if we wanted to hitup a rollercoaster. P'sha! This fair also had those old fashioned booths that say "Step right up and see the 8 foot long spider with a woman's head!" I was curious about what would be inside..but not $4 curious. Double P'sha!

All in all, the fair was a fun, one time thing. We may come back when we are millionares and can afford all the splendor that the fair has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love.