Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What's in a name?

Here's the 411 on SONJA

(According to babynames.com)

"The meaning of the name Sonja is Wisdom

The origin of the name Sonja is Scandinavian"

But did you know that Sonja is not only a name, but also a noun within itself? According to the Urban Dictionary, (which is an online dictionary white people use to better understand rap lyrics...I know because I, the whitest woman in American, have resorted to it frequently) here is what a Sonja is:

SONJA : "A beautiful, sexy, bootylicious female. She is worshipped by many & has been the cause of many huge cult followings in the early 1990's. Sonjas usually keep a low profile, so consider it a rare and special event to be blessed by her presence."

"It's a Sonja day, and I'm going to buy myself a lotto ticket."

I think I have Red Sonja to thank for this postive definition. I would like to meet the linguist who wrote this, because weren't they crazy accurate?.....*crickets churp*

Shut up. I'm bootylicious and you know it....and you all SHOULD consider it rare and special to be blessed by my presence.




2 comments:

  1. Your self-proclaimed "bootylicious" comment made me laugh a bit too loudly at work. Then I thought about what my explanation to my co-workers would be for my outburst, and the only thing that came to mind was "Sonja's bootylicous." Needless to say, more laughter ensued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horrors....no father wants to read that his daughter is bootylicious...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.