Friday, November 27, 2009

23 going on 45

I'm used to people thinking I am younger than I am. Most of the time when strangers ask what school I go to, they are expecting to hear Union High or Jenks High. And when I tell them that I am in college (or have already graduated from college), they always say, "Well, you look much younger than that." Thanks?...I guess.

Today was a different story. I went to Wal-Mart (yes, I'm poor) early because they had some cute t-shirts for only $3! They were from Miley Cyrus' line. (Ha! I feel dumb for saying it, but her line actually has cute clothes. They aren't like Hannah Montana or whatever, they are this stuff:Typical stuff you would see on girls from ages 14+, yes? ANYways....

While I was in the checkout isle, these two women in line behind me saw my clothes and asked, "How old is yours?"

How old is my what? I was buying Summer some baby PJ's so I thought mye they thought I had a baby? So I asked, "Oh, you mean the pajamas?" One of them replied, "No, the t-shirts." I just said, "Oh! Uh...they're for me." They both laughed and said, "We both have daughters who wanted those shirts, so we just assumed...." And I awkardly said, "Haha, yeah, I figure I have a few more years left where I can get away with wearing this stuff. Hehe.." Which the women embarrassingly laughed at. I don't know if they were embarrassed for assuming I had a daughter who was old enough to wear such clothes, or if they were embarrassed for me, being a woman my age (which I'm guessing they thought was like 40) wearing clothes that are teenagers.

Anyway....I feel old. I think I am gonna take back my shirts and buy some eleastic pants that go up to my belly button.

2 comments:

  1. You went to Walmart today? You're brave. People died there last black Friday. Just don't end up on this website: www.peopleofwalmart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah Montana is awesome! Uh, who's Hannah Montana?..Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.