Friday, November 20, 2009

More Good News!

Jordan got a small, thin envelope in the mail from University of Oklahoma-Tulsa (my school!). He came in from work with it in his hands and he said, "It's pretty small..." (and if UW has taught me anything ((which it hasn't really taught me anything because it won't let me be its student, no matter how many times I ask nicely)) it is that small thin envelopes are potentially sucky.) Well, he opened it and TA-DA! It was one of those NICE small letters! Jordan has been accepted to interview for their PA school in January! We were both super excited because OU-Tulsa or OU-OKC are our top choices for PA school. Keep your fingers crossed for my maaaan.

More good news: Jordan is officially done with applications! He turned his last one in on Wednesday. I am so glad that that process is over. Applying took forever, especially because Jordan had to write different essays for many of his schools. This lead to me proof-reading them, wanting him to make all these changes that I thought were spectacular and Jordan thought were unnecessary, which lead to us debating and getting sassy with each other. At least our arguments are all scholastically based....Makes us sound smarter... *crickets chirp*

But that's not allll: I have my internship lined up for next semester- or excuse me, my practicum. BYU referred to them as internships and OU insists on the word practicum, which leads me to confuse myself and those around me. OU also refers to January-May as Spring Semester while BYU called it Winter Semester. This has also lead to further confusion....Back to my internship- It's great! It is at an agency called Family & Children's Services. The agency offer es a ton of services, but I will be in the Family Counseling program. I'm so excited because marriage and family counseling is kinda what I am focusing on as my future career (which is coming up- I'm old!). I start in January and go full time until May. I am also taking two classes that are 3 hour weekly night courses....blah. Honestly, its for the best. One of those nights is Tuesday and since I am SO done with American Idol, being in class on Tuesday evenings will help me avoid the temptation to relapse into an AI coma each week.

There's still more: My apartment is starting look like a place where people actually live! I've been slowly decorating the place up, and it is starting to look nice.

Not done yet: In one month from today, we will be back home in Seattle for Christmas! I'm so excited to go back to the Northwest, I seriously talk about it everyday. I miss my family! And when I was watching New Moon last night (please don't judge me) I got sooooo homesick looking at all the Washington greenery...Sigh.

I better stop or this is soon turn into one of those Relief Society good news minutes where people randomly say stupid things that aren't really good news. You know what I mean? Like, "I made cookies today!" That ain't news, sister.

kbye.

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congrats for Jordan, but we still want you to come to Arizona. That is our first pick. Doesn't that count for something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good news: I sent emails today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news: I'm so full!

    Excited for you to come back up here for xmas! Looks like EVERYONE will be here from our fams..pretty big event! I saw New Moon too, let the haters hate.
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to read good news. Since you're settled, the Tulsa campus would really be nice. Gotta love that in-state tuition!
    See you soon, Sooners. - Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.