Saturday, July 3, 2010

An AZ Education

I just returned from a great week vacation in Tucson where I visited my brother and his family. It was the first time that I saw my new niece, Sadie. The week went by quickly and was way fun. It was also quite educational. I came back to Tulsa with a wider knowledge of various things.



During my time in Arizona, I learned...


1) Tuscon heat seems waaaay more manageable after living in Tulsa humidity


2) there is never a wrong time to eat an otter pop...or 12 otter pops

3) any dreams I ever had of professional wake boarder were unrealistic



4) the entire musical score the Barbie Island Princess movie


5) I will never get past level Evil on Snood


6) it is NOT a good idea to feed a baby a bottle and then hold her up over your head...this results in a shower of puke (luckily, I learned this lesson from observation - poor Troy)


7) even with bumpers, I still suck at bowling


8) slip 'n slides are still crazy fun at age 24

9) you can measure the cuteness of an infant by the number of her chins



10) Jordan and I turn into pathetic lovesick teenagers when separated





Then there were the lessons I specifically learned from my niece, Erica.


She taught me...


1) the proper pronunciation of Princess Aurora is A-whoa-wa (I can't believe I've been saying it wrong this whole time!)

2) it is socially appropriate to break out into song mid-sentence

3) alternative lyrics to Disney songs

4) anytime I go to the bathroom I should be given an award (c'MON, Jordan...hand it over!)

5) when the toilet is too far away, the kiddie pool that your aunt is swimming in will suffice as a place to relieve yourself (shudder)

6) you are entitled to eat anything that anyone else is eating as long as you kindly ask, "Can I share with you?" or you can just skip the small talk and open your mouth really wide while staring at the person's treat

7) the trick to bowling is to tap dance and roll on the floor in between your turns.

8) there's never a bad time to wear a tutu



9) the word MOM is really spelled E-R-R-O-N-E-B....

10) swimming lessons are apparently a form of torture in Arizona


The main take home lesson I learned in Arizona was.....


I LOVE BEING AN AUNT!!!

(Ok, I already knew this, but it was reaffirmed during my trip!)


2 comments:

  1. Troy: Did you learn that you have to come back?

    Ro: "You are my Tika and I am your Ro."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a fast learner. I still can't say Aurura right..nor can I spell it. Troy on the other hand must be a slow learner as I believe he got it in the face from Erica's bottle days also. Actually, I believe he just secretly likes it. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.