Sunday, July 11, 2010

It begins....

I start work tomorrow Not just a job- a CAREER! With benefits and paid time off and limited vacation days and a (modest) salary. The whole thing is making me feel so old.

I got the job offer back in mid-May. They set the start date to July 12th. Since then, it has been HEAVEN. I have read and listened to books, tried my hand at sewing, watched the entire series of Arrested Development, experimented with cooking, made hair bows and other crafts, and drove around town searching for goodies. Oh- AND went to Washington and Arizona. It's been so fantastic to have nearly two months all to myself- and it was even better not having to worry about the job during this time, knowing that one happily awaited me. Never once did I think, "I'm so bored. I want to start working again." I could have had another 6 months of this easily.

Now July 12th is only a few hours away. I am excited to begin a new journey in life as a child therapist, but I am also going to miss all the me time. Siiiiiiigh. Goodbye, me. Se you occasionally on Saturdays...

2 comments:

  1. You are going to do awesome! Let me know how it goes. I know what you are talking about with all the free time. I realized today that I have 3 weeks left in Oregon. Then I have 3 weeks of preparing for school. August 24th is back to work with the kiddies! Time goes too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, and good luck. The golden rule applies in the workplace as well (usually.) - Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.