Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Poor boy...or girl?

Remember two posts ago where I wished that Jordan was a woman (for conversational purposed ONLY!....yeah...) Well, my wish almost came true today!

I was filling out paperwork for my job with an HR representative this morning when she came across my benefits packet.

HR lady: "Ok, so your dependent is Alma...is that your daughter?"

Me: "Uh, no. That's my husband."

HR lady: *confused* "OH!...ok"

Me: "Yeah...he goes by Jordan."

That reminds me of a doctors appointment I had several months ago. The receptionist took my insurance card (which read that I was a dependent of Alma Jordan at the time) and asked, "Is Alma your mother?"

Poor boy. In Mormon culture his namesake is a courageous hero. To everyone else, it's just a girl's name.

1 comment:

  1. If you went by YOUR middle name, and Jordan went by his first name, you could pass as the husband and he could pass as the wife. Then on paper you would still look like a heterosexual couple.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love.